Sunday, July 1, 2007

Philadelphia

Yesterday we saw the Liberty bell. Do you realize that Pass & Stowe will forever go down in history as making a bell that couldn't stay together but no one ever points out that part ? What luck.

We are pretty tired. You can probably tell from my postings. We are going in to Philly this morning to see Independence Hall for a tour then heading to our campsite outside of Washington D.C. Yesterday we roamed around and had a philly cheese steak sandwich and saw Ben Franklins museum. Near the ferry we took from New Jersey they had a 'all you can eat ice cream festival'. For $5 I had scoops until I felt sick - of course! We were waiting on the ferry and Dylan & Brad weren't interested. In my brother's honor, I went ahead and did it all by myself. I was sure he would be disappointed in me if I didn't have a go. :) It was pretty great but I think I can skip ice cream shops for a while. Dunkin' Donut stores continue to haunt me. It is strange but literally EVERYWHERE we go, there is a Dunkin' Donut store right across the street. When we got stuck on the highway in New Jersey -- there was a Dunkin' Donuts truck stuck right beside us. lol.

Hope the anniversary party was great fun!

No comments: